LFS 5 Chapt 5 Perl-5.8.0

jmh j.m.hall at cox.net
Sat Jan 24 15:37:26 PST 2004

I think I goofed on this and am not sure if I need to wipe
Perl out and start over. Initially I
echo 'static_ext="IO re FncI"' >> hints/linux.sh
but think that the FcnI should have been Fcnl--that
is use a lower case L rather than the upper case "i".

I proceded to make perl utilies but then got to thinking
about things when cp perl pod/pod2man /tools/bin complained
about perl not existing.

I've edited hints/linux.sh to use the lower case L and
have rerun the configure-gnu... but noticed some paths that
used FcnI that scrolled across the screen. I didn't get any
error (and I think I did before and ignored it--Why? Good
question!) ANyhow, being new to all this I'm wondering if
once I've run the make perl utilities if running it again
is all I need to do or if make clean is advised--or simply
a rm of the perl source tree and untar it again?

TIA

jmh