totally off-topic

Richard A Downing FBCS geek109 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 11:46:52 PST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:43:03 -0800 (PST)
Peter Karlsson <pk at mailamig.nu> wrote:

> --- "michael" <michael8110 at terra.com.br> wrote:
> >i was just wondering if anyone experiences the symptoms i get
> >whenever i
>
> This may or may not have something to do with the brominated flame
> retardants commonly used by manufacturers of computer
> motherboards/cards. See
> http://www.eep.org/newsletters/newsletter040303.htm#pat2
>
> I have never experienced any of the symptoms that you have but I
> usually keep the newly built computer running, standing in a well
> ventilated room for the first couple of days. It may not make a
> difference but it does not hurt either...

and you will discover any early-life faults whilst still in the
warranty period.

I suffer from dust allergies, Beclomethasone dipropionate nasal spray
kept right next to the keyboard!  Any disturbance to the computer box
raises a cloud of dust and frequently causes a problem.  Even taking
this into account, I'm fairly sure I have suffered from the same
problem the OP described - a small price to pay for the joy of
communing with you lot!

--
Richard A Downing FBCS http://www.109bean.org.uk/
charged