Building LFS with a different compiler version

Shelton shelton at onr.com
Fri Jan 23 20:05:47 PST 2004

i used 3.3.1 when i built mine, totally ignored 2.95.
the only trouble i've hit is that some binary programs
are linked against an older
version of gcc. for example, i had to install gcc-2.95 in
order to get macromedia
flash plugin to work on my system.
I chose to use gcc-3.3.1 when installing because it has
been around long
enough that it is stable, it just hasn't been officially
accepted has stable.

i haven't experienced any oddities with my gcc-3.3.1
based LFS system yet
that can be traced to the compiler. (still just
configuring this and that to
get back to where my old system was)