Stuck at Kernel build

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Wed Jan 21 08:29:07 PST 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 17:08, K. Mike Bradley wrote:
> Thanks. Just before I got this email I did do the chown -R on my source and
> tools folder and now it works.
> One more question:
> All the configure and make commands I have run (on binutils and gcc) is
> that foobared? Because I didn't have write permission?
>
> I didn't see any errors.

You should be able to continue quite safely. You would have got errors if you
weren't able to write somewhere. It depends on the permissions set on the
directories within the source trees where the object files and others, used
during the build, are created. If for instance you weren't able to create
some object file and the build actually continued, the linker would
eventually have complained etc.

Success with your build, don't skimp the details in the book, there are some
important gotchas you may miss if you do.

Allard