Stuck at Kernel build

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Wed Jan 21 08:02:22 PST 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 16:49, K. Mike Bradley wrote:
> Yes I unpacked as root but gave ownership to my LFS user just as
> instructed. Can I generate this as root?

Best stick to the instructions and stay with user lfs. You shouldn't have to
do anything as root in chapter 5. Just to be sure what procedure you
followed, if you unpacked the sources as root, you should then have done the
following afterwards:

chroot -R linux-2.4.24

The -R is important (recursive) without it you'll only change ownership of the
linux-2.4.24 directory, not any of the files or directories contained
therein.

Best to unpack any sources in chapter 5 as user lfs. If in doubt, remove the
sources and start again.

Regards
Allard