Switching to new Glibc

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at jeroencoumans.nl
Tue Jan 20 16:21:01 PST 2004

David Costa said the following on 21-1-2004 1:02:

> OR, should I start over from scratch, and rebuild my /tools dir using
> the new glibc and other stuff?

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/cvs.html:
<quot>Make sure you are up-to-date with the lfs-dev mailinglist so
you're aware of all the problems that we're already aware off, and also
for fixes not yet integrated into the book.</quot>

Greg announced the inclusion of glibc-2.3.3 on lfs-dev some time ago.

In general, when glibc, gcc or binutils is involved, better stay with
the same version or start from scratch. Otherwise, there will probably
be trouble.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans