MAKEDEV 1.7

Fred kanthos at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 08:11:32 PST 2004

hi there..

I compiled the whole lfs 5.0 without any problem.
But now i wanted to create the two rescue disks before i start to boot the
system.
All i got was that there isn't such a device or adress.
dd if=/boot/grub/stage1 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 count=1
dd if=/boot/grub/stage2 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 seek=1

 it seems that my device-files doesn't work so i tried MAKEDEV again but it
won't work.

I decided to boot without them and got lucky because my system were booting
ok except of
red colored errors because of non existing devices which were made with
MAKEDEV.

I hope someone can help me so i can use the devices.

Thanks in advance

Fred