LFS not booting Grub error

Serge Denault tangoparis at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 20:12:54 PST 2004

Karl Wilbur wrote:

> Kevin,
> You are absolutely correct.  I just didn't want to go on too long about
> this because I was not sure if this is even a problem for Serge
>
> -Karl

Gentlemen, I hate to be a pain, but I can't chroot. I tried the 2 versions
of the environment, no can do.

This is what I get:

linux:~ # chroot $LFS /usr/bin/env -i \
>     HOME=/root TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
>     PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin \
>     /bin/bash --login
chroot: cannot change root directory to /usr/bin/env: Not a directory
linux:~ # chroot $LFS /tools/bin/env -i \
>     HOME=/root TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
>     PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin \
>     /tools/bin/bash --login
chroot: cannot change root directory to /tools/bin/env: Not a directory

By the way not to worry, the "\" are actually ignored on my terminal version