LFS not booting Grub error

Serge Denault sdenault at videotron.ca
Mon Jan 19 07:06:56 PST 2004

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in a former post I am almost there but lfs doesn' boot:

--GRUB  version 0.93  (640K lower / 3072K upper memory)

 [ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported.  For the first word, TAB
   lists possible command completions.  Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
   completions of a device/filename. ]

grub> root (hd0,3)

grub> setup (hd0,3)
 Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... no
 Checking if "/grub/stage1" exists... no

Error 15: File not found --

Well, these stage files are indeed where they should be. Why is it not
finding them??

Someone suggested to recompile Grub. Very nice, but how can someone do that?
It is now impossible to chroot again. Or is it?

Thanks