Chapter 6: Installing Glibc-2.3.2

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sat Jan 17 19:04:18 PST 2004

On Sunday 18 January 2004 03:12, John Cheyney wrote:
> I am trying to install Glibc-2.3.2 in LFS 5.0 Chapter 6 and am getting
> the following error during the configure process.
>
> Checking version of gcc...v.?.??, bad
> ***These critical programs are missing or too old:  gcc
> ***Check the INSTALL file for required versions
>
> INSTALL states the program needs a version of GCC higher than or equal
> to 3.2 to work.  I even checked my base system (Red Hat 8) just in case
> by some weird way it was looking for those files but that version uses
> GCC 3.2.
>
> Any ideas what is up here?  It seems like the script can't find gcc, but
> so far everything has worked fine, so I am at a loss to find the error.

Howdy,

You've forgotton something trivial somewhere and alas I don't know what. Glibc
is the first package in ch6 to use the compiler so the problem will most
likely be somewhere in the chroot process. Check the chroot command you're
using, check the $PATH variable - there's other things but I'm sleepy now. Go
over the beginning of ch6 with a toothpick.

Goodluck
Allard

allard at quicknet.nl