Chapter 8, Making LFS Bootable - grub probs

Shelton shelton at onr.com
Fri Jan 16 23:24:24 PST 2004

Where did you copy /usr/share/grub/stage1 to?
if you copied it to /boot/stage1 then you may have
to move it to /boot/grub/stage1.
I'd say just reread the chapter about installing grub and
_carefully_ read the bit about setting up grub.

I had a similar experience. I wanted to preserve my
existing redhat boot partition and existing redhat grub
installation. It took a little guessing and such but I
basically ended up adding an entry to the original redhat
grub to boot into LFS.

--
~rick