Chapter 8, Making LFS Bootable - grub probs

Serge Denault tangoparis at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 23:05:18 PST 2004

Good day,

Almost succeeded... close but no cigar.

Running grub while preserving my MBR in order to keep my existing SuSE boot
manager, I use setup (hda0,3) instead of setup (hda0), my lfs being on
hda4.

The monitor rudely told me:

GRUB  version 0.93  (640K lower / 3072K upper memory)

 [ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported.  For the first word, TAB
   lists possible command completions.  Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
   completions of a device/filename. ]

grub> root (hd0,3)

grub> setup (hd0,3)
 Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... no
 Checking if "/grub/stage1" exists... no

Error 15: File not found

grub>

Where did I go wrong?