make clean?

david at mail.konnect.net david at mail.konnect.net
Fri Jan 16 04:33:43 PST 2004

Joel Miller saw fit to say:
-> Please read the FAQ before posting to the lists.
-> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html#dirty-sources
<snip>
---then Joel Miller stopped---

That's great, but the FAQ mentions failed attempts and re-running from the
source that provided the failure.  my question(mayhap I should restate) was:
Between installing say, #gettext from the instructions in chapter5(without
error), and #gettext in chapter6, do I need to do [1]a make clean, [2]delete
the chap5 reference directory and re-tar jxf, or [3]just execute the trinity
(./configure prefix=$PREFIX, make, make install), with a change only in the
$PREFIX between the chapters rewriting the Makefile?