newbe: building binutils: where's the start point

Spencer Collyer spencer at lasermount.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 15 11:35:14 PST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:50:20 +0100, Nakor wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to LFS but I think I'll like it :-)
>
> In the book is specified (in binutils-pass1 section):
> mkdir ../binutils-build
> cd ../binutils-build
> ../binutils-2.14/configure ....
>
> One think is not clear for me: in which directory am I when calling
> mkdir/cd commands ???
>
> And next question is: Is it necessary to create binutils-build directory
> ??? This directory is not used in the specified section.

Joel's answered your first question, so I'll give a quick answer to your
second. The binutils-build directory is used, because it is the directory
you are in when you issue all the following commands in the binutils-2.14
section, and so the configuration file and all object files that the make
commands create are stored in binutils-build.

HTH

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
7:32pm up 35 days 1:56, 15 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.05