newbe: building binutils: where's the start point

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Thu Jan 15 10:41:38 PST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:14:36 +0100, Nakor <nakor at volny.cz> wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> I've read it once again and it is still not clear for me :-(
>
> Please could you sent me a name of the directory from which the commands
> are called ???

<snip>

Allow me then to quote from the fifth paragraph of the link i sent you:

"The build instructions assume that you are using the bash shell. There is
also a general expectation that you have already unpacked the sources for
a package and have performed a cd into the unpacked source directory
before issuing the build commands."

Note the second sentence. Not only does this apply to binutils but it
applies to all pacakges in the book.

HTH!

--
Registered LFS User 6929