Which Host?

Andy Neebel andne167 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 05:55:20 PST 2004

"stupsnose_worldwide" <swetter at arcor.de> wrote in message
news:bu638i$2mp$1 at belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org...
> Hello all!
>
> I tried to set up a LFS5-System with Knoppix-3.3 as host. But i have to
> recompile the kernel to have PTY-Support, and that is not possible if i
> run knoppix from cd. can someone tell me, which host i can use without
> problems?
>
> Thanks.
> Stepp

There are a couple of Boot-CD's (links are on the packages page) that do
have the support needed to build LFS.  Also, if you want to use a distro on
your hard drive, most distros work, it's just a matter of making sure that
all of the packages that you need are installed.  This basically amounts to
the entire c/c++ devel group of packages.  Make sure that everything in the
book is installed, and any devel packages for those.

Andy