Coreutils-5.0, Chapter 6: Test Error

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 14 14:44:56 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:21:05AM -0500, Serge Denault wrote:
> Well I'm stuck: I have tried several times to install this package and I
> always get the same error at one point during the test performed by the
> dummy user.

> Can't locate IO/File.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./.. /tools/lib/perl5/5.8.0

The most likely cause of this is something went wrong back in Ch 5 Perl
where is says:

echo 'static_ext="IO re Fcntl"' >> hints/linux.sh

Notice the "IO" ?

Rather than go back to Ch 5, it's probably easier for you to plow forward
and once the real Perl in Ch 6 is installed, reinstall the coreutils and run
the tests again. Shouldn't be a drama.

PS - are you reading a PDF version of the book?