in LFS book I see no specific mention of creating a cross-platform LFS system

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Wed Jan 14 08:01:26 PST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Ken Wolcott wrote:

> Hi;
>
>   I've searched through and browsed (not read every page) of the LFS on-line
> book.  I see no specific mention of how LFS could be used to create a
> cross-platform system although I see on the LFS website that there are
> several people who use LFS to create a cross-platform embedded Linux
> environment. I would like to consider using the LFS approach in creating an
> embedded Linux target environment for the arm platform using a pc linux host.
>
>   Please point me to places in the LFS book were this is mentioned since I
> must have missed it.  If this does not exist, I am pleading for somebody to
> create a document explaining how to use LFS to create an embedded
> cross-platform Linux environment.
>
>   I suppose that I could read between the lines and guess what I need to do by
> looking at other open source cross-platform embedded Linux procedures (which
> I have looked at, don't understand and have failed at implementing)...

Go to the website and enter the hints section. You will find it there.
You'll then want to also user the search facility to find various
disccusions about that in the archives.

While you are at it, review the early parts of the book, and look
closely at the website main page. You'll see there are references to
these things in both places.

> Thank you,
> Ken Wolcott
>
> --