[A bit OT] Graphical overview of packages in LFS

Richard A Downing FBCS geek109 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:32:05 PST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:17:06 -0800, Peter Karlsson wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I saw this on lfs-dev, I glanced it over and I think it will do nicely. I just want
> to get a grip on lfs (or a bootable linux/unix-like system really) from a
> theoretical standpoint, to really understand... well, that's the idea anyway.
>
> Auto generate from xml? When you say xml sources do you mean the xhtml document
> that makes up your website? Or is there an xml source that you generate the
> website from? I've always found this a bit confusing whenever xml-something is
> referenced on lfs-dev.
>
> Thanks again & best regards
>
> Peter K
>

> --- Richard A Downing FBCS <geek109 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:57:53 -0800, Peter Karlsson wrote:
>
>> Is there such a thing available anywhere, including dependencies (possibly with a full breakdown of individual tools/apps - like binutils etc)?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Peter K

>> Gratis e-postadress ---> http://www.mailamig.nu
>
> I have tried to make such a diagram, but as you build it, it quickly
> becomes extremely dense interconnection-wise, and hence neither pretty nor
> useful - so I gave up. The ideal thing would be to auto-generate it from
> the xml files, but I'm not clever enough to do that yet.  I'd like to add
> something like this to my LFS-References web-page at:
> 	http://www.freewebs.com/109bean/LFS-references.html

Peter,

Please don't top post:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette

The term xml in this context refers to the xml source of the book held in
the LFS CVS repository.  This is what the book editors change (see the
mailing list lfs-book)- the book you read in xhtml or pdf or whatever is
compiled from that - in fact you could process it to any format you like,
say one of the E-Book formats, but the xml wouldn't change. If you are
interested follow up the CVS from the website (you don't need to install
the CVS software - use the CVS Web).

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/cvs.html

Hope this helps.

Richard.