Glibc won't Lock in

John Cheyney jccheyney at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 19:21:49 PST 2004

I finally got my Glibc to configure and install.  I had misread a couple
of steps and was hopelessly lost, so I just went back to square one.

Now the problem comes with the next step.  When I try to amend the GCC
specs file and I issue the commands as ordered
(SPECFILE=/tools/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/specs, etc) I get the following errors

[1]26212
bash:  tempspecfile:  No such file or directory.

Needless to say when I for the next step to perform the sanity check at
the bottom of the page I get nada.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?  The book says it is most likely in
the Specfile setup, so I have to assume all of the previous steps are
valid.

This is LFS 5.0 using Red Hat 8.0 as the base.

--
John Cheyney RN, BSN, BA, CCRN
1213 McHam
jccheyney at comcast.net