Glibc configure error

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Tue Jan 13 09:09:48 PST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 17:12, mmm mmm wrote:
> I am using LFS 5.0 book
> My host system :Suse 9.0
> Note:I extract all the packsges in /sources/
> Every thing was fine till i reach to Chapter 6.0
> I make a glibc-build directory specified in the book
> then i cd into it  an write th e command
>-- /sources/glibc-2.3.2/configure --prefix=/usr \
> --disable-profile --enable-add-ons \ --libexecdir=/usr/bin
> --with-headers=/usr/include

If this is copied and pasted the --libexecdir option is reaching configure
incorrectly and the --with-headers option is not reaching configure at all -
hence the error below. as Méher pointed out, the backslash above is not in
the appropriate place.

>-- This error appear to me
>-- running configure fragment for /sources/glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/i386/elf
> running configure fragment for /sources/glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/pthread running
> configure fragment for /sources/glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
> checking for egrep... (cached) grep -E
> checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
> configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
> Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
> The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
> /usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
> Linux 2.0.10 or later.

<sinp>

>----------------------------------------- What can I do?
> Thanks

Enlighten yourself about the backslash try the following.
info bash
choose menu: Basic Shell Features
choose menu: Shell Syntax
choose menu: Quoting