Chapter 5 Perl Make problem

Steven Brown stevencharlesbrown1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 12:33:31 PST 2004

Hi there,

I'm having a problem doing the

make perl utlities

command in Chapter 5 of LFS 5.

configure seems to go ok, but the make exits like this -

cc: lib/auto/l0/l0.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [perl] Error 1

i've found similar problems on the archive, but not really anything with a
satisfactory answer.

my rough guess is that I'm maybe making a mess of the line that goes into
hints/linux.sh, at first I was using 1 (one) rather than l (L), but both
bring up exactly the same error.

The reason I think it's something to do with this line is that I can see
that the other links here (Fcntl & re) get created in lib/auto directory
when I run
make.

I tried download perl-5.8.2 (rather than 5.8.0 in the book), but get
exactly the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steven