analyses

Richard A Downing FBCS geek109 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 07:22:44 PST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:47:55 +0100, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Duarte Cordeiro. You said the following on 01/12/04 15:37:
>> "Hi hello, if you have a problem executing a step described in this
>> completly *free* book where a lot of persons spent *days* or even *months*
>> working (just to help YOU), please spend *ten seconds* of your time
>> subscribing to the list, so that we can spend *more of our time* helping you
>> without getting payed for nothing. Also, it allows *all of us* to stop
>> receiving spam in our lists."
>
> Nice said; totally agree. But I'm willing to give Spamassassin a chance,
> although I respectfully request to have it updated. If the spam starts
> pouring in despite administrational effort, we should resort to blocking
> HTML mail (if that isn't done already) and eventually required subscription.

And I don't think it matters if people use the list with email or with
nntp.  If you use nntp (like me), subscribe and immediately set 'vacation'
- so you don't get the posts, but your address IS subscribed so you can
post. (I think this is OK, but I'm prepared to be corrected - 'umble)

--
Richard A Downing FBCS
http://www.freewebs.com/109bean/