analyses

Duarte Cordeiro Duarte.Cordeiro at netcabo.pt
Mon Jan 12 07:04:58 PST 2004

> Nice said; totally agree. But I'm willing to give
> Spamassassin a chance,
> although I respectfully request to have it updated. If the
> spam starts
> pouring in despite administrational effort, we should resort
> to blocking
> HTML mail (if that isn't done already) and eventually
> required subscription.

I agree with you. I'm not saying that "subscribe only lists" are the only
solution.
The question is: if anything else fails, this solution is correct in every
aspect.
Also, someone needs to analyse the time spend in maintaining the anti-spam
software, and figure out if the "loss of help from non-subscribers" is
greater then the time won from not dealing with spam and software
maintenance (and discussion on the lists about methods for eliminating spam
:) ).

Another 2 cents (this spam thingy is getting expensive)

 DC