analyses

Duarte Cordeiro Duarte.Cordeiro at netcabo.pt
Mon Jan 12 06:37:34 PST 2004

Because they're asked to. Is that so terrible ?
Your sentence says it all: "you want to get help with a problem";
YOU need help, and there's somebody out there, that will spend his time
helping you, can't you just help him a little in return ? Is that much to
ask for ?
A sentence comes to my mind:
"Hi hello, if you have a problem executing a step described in this
completly *free* book where a lot of persons spent *days* or even *months*
working (just to help YOU), please spend *ten seconds* of your time
subscribing to the list, so that we can spend *more of our time* helping you
without getting payed for nothing. Also, it allows *all of us* to stop
receiving spam in our lists."

You are contributting to the world. If a user has the guts to tell you that
you're asking too much, he/she doesn't understands the "sharing model" you
work upon.

Another 2cents from me,
  DC