analyses

Daniel Díaz al590349 at mail.mty.itesm.mx
Sun Jan 11 12:56:37 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 14:47, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at JeroenCoumans.nl> writes:
>
> > policy. For the same reasons I think it would be better if the
> > mailinglists become subscribe-only.
>
> Far more noise is generated talking about spam than the spammers
> could ever dream of.

That is the echo of many subscribers in pro of enforcing more respectful
policies. If once and for all we make this list a subscribers-only one,
no more spam nor related "noise" would be made.

> We rely on bug reports from all comers, subscribed to mailing lists
> or not.  They are vital to our work and must not be excluded.

That is true, indeed, but for those cases the list administrator can
approve the post and filter the certainly not needed spam. I don't see
the loss.

Regards.

Daniel Díaz
yosoy at danieldiaz.org