LFS 5.0, Ch. 5, Gcc-3.3.1, Pass 2

Albert REINER areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 10 14:14:24 PST 2004

Thanks for your suggestion.  As for Knoppix:

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:57:15AM -0600, Andy Neebel wrote:
> I have tried building on Knoppix once, and never succeeded.  It was on an
> older computer though, and I did discover later that the CD drive was
> failing, which caused most of my trouble.  This was almost a year ago,
> though, and I think that the other issues that Knoppix had at that point
> have been fixed.

I, too, have a rather old CD drive, and I got lots of "cloop: error"
messages in the beginning.  The simple solution is to copy the
/KNOPPIX file from the CD to the root directory of one of the hard
disc partitions (and check the md5 hash).  Of course, with so large a
file the mere copying was an adventure: it took about 20 minutes, and
it would complete successfully only if I restrained from most other
activity during that time.

Albert.