Problems with glibc

John Cheyney jccheyney at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 12:50:20 PST 2004

I am just staring an LFS project and need some help compiling
glibc-2.3.2.  I am using LFS-5.0 and my base system is Red Hat 8 running
on a homebuilt system with and Athlon processor.

The first problem is with the patch glibc-2.3.2-sscanf-1.patch.  When I
try to launch it I get errors like this:

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 23.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED...
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option

Am I supposed to be patch glibc-2.3.2.tar.bz2 or do you have to unpack
it first?  I get similar errors three or four times before the patch
ends.

The second problem is with compiling glibc-2.3.2.  It says to compile it
outside of the source directory.  How exactly do I do this?  I can't
seem to find a good explanation as to what to move where.

Thanks,

--
John Cheyney RN, BSN, BA, CCRN
1213 McHam