from LFS 4.1 to LFS 5.0 (before: kernel-header: make mrproper)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Jan 10 11:26:44 PST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Klaus Becker wrote:

> so I decided to build LFS 5.0 and not to continue with LFS 4.1. I downloaded
> the 5.0 book and I shall compare it with printed pages from LFS 4.1 I have,
> and re-print only the pages which really changed and which are really
> important.

 Chapter 5 is very different, only the first two packages are built
statically, and everything goes into /tools, with a lot more being
built here.  So, watch the --prefix.

 The PATH when you go into chroot will change.

 Chapter 6 is probably not that different, apart from version upgrades
and minor improvements, and testing the toolchain.

HTH

Ken
--
This is a job for Riviera Kid!