[OT] [WARNING] simpleinit-msb will not boot anymore!

Matthias Benkmann msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Sat Jan 10 11:13:20 PST 2004

I'm very sorry for sending this OT message to the LFS lists, but this is
the only way I know to reach at least some of the userbase of
simpleinit-msb and this is really important.

An hour ago I tried to boot my computer but it never made it to the
prompt. Instead I saw 6 messages telling me that my agettys were
respawning to fast and were consequently being disabled. After some
testing I found out that the agettys worked fine and that init apparently
didn't even attempt to spawn them. After checking the code I found that
the code to test if a getty is being respawned too often is, well, as
crappy as the rest of simpleinit's code. Unfortunately this is one piece
of crappy code that apparently I did not fix.
I will release a fixed version of simpleinit-msb in the next hour. If
you're using simpleinit-msb, you MUST upgrade, or sooner or later your
computer will refuse to spawn gettys (which means you won't be able to log
in at the console).

MSB

--
Digitize if possible - Eradicate if necessary!