LFS 5.0, Ch. 5, Gcc-3.3.1, Pass 2

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 10 09:42:57 PST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:49:48 +0100
"Albert REINER" <areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> As it turns out, 11000+ of the failures are timeouts and look like
> this (gcc-build/gcc/testsuite/gcc.log):
>
> compiler exited with status -1
> output is:
> spawn failed

There you go!  expect failed to spawn another shell.  I'd highly
recommend trying the very latest version of Knoppix as it resolves the
issue (although the developer didn't think there was an issue, and all
the docs suggested that devpts was configured correctly when I last
investigated it).  I believe if you try to run those tests as root as
opposed to the LFS user they'll pass with flying colours.

Hope this helps,

Matt.