quick newbee question about ./configure...

jmh j.m.hall at cox.net
Sat Jan 10 06:53:40 PST 2004

Got up this morening and should habe taken heed that
it was going to be a problem day when I spilled the
coffee ginds on the floor :-/

Anyhow, I in Chapter 5, LFS 5, building patch-2.5.4
and type ./configure then hit enter--DOGH! Am I right
in thinking that all I've done at this point is to make
the source to compile into a standard linux system and
that all I need to do is simply rerun congigure with the
prefix line set (/tools)? This is what I'm going to do
but figured I'd ask in case I'm completely wrong or
if someone just wants to give a short tutorial on
configure.

jmh