Make an LFS Install CD

Andy Neebel andne167 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:00:37 PST 2004

"Andre Cameron" <andrec at cydock.com> wrote in message
news:35744.63.76.208.239.1073659938.squirrel at www.cydock.com...
> I found some info on making a bootable LFS CD but nothing on makeing an
> install CD.  I was wondering if anyone had made a minimal boot CD with a
> second CD with all the binary tar's or RPM's for a clean install on other
> systems?  If so are there any hint's, tip's or tutorials on this?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Andre

I think that J_Man's boot cd, while not automated, may have the tarballs and
patches on it for an install of LFS.  You will still have to do the work
yourself, I don't know that ALFS is there, but you won't have to go hunt
down the files, and they will be availible.

I could be wrong though.  I know that he was working on this at one point,
but don't know if he ever got all of the stuff on the CD.

Andy