LFS 5.0, Ch. 5, Gcc-3.3.1, Pass 2

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 8 13:33:48 PST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:47:03 +0100
"Albert REINER" <areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I'm slowly going through the compilation on a Knoppix 3.3, and
> everything went without problems until pass 2 of GCC in chapter 5.
> Search, FAQ, and Wiki do not seem to address my issue.

What do the error logs show for the first few failures?  I know I had
major problems (related to PTYs) with Knoppix on occasions.  Never did
work out what fixed them, but latest version (dated 20-11-2003) worked
OK.  If PTYs isn't your problem (which your "expect -c spawn ls" result
suggests is the case) then a couple of examples of the output of failed
tests might give us a clue as to what went wrong.

Hope this helps a little,

Matt.