LFS on RS/6000 sp2

Edward Pinski pinskie at physics.uc.edu
Thu Jan 8 05:37:27 PST 2004

> Hi, I'm trying to make a LFS on RS/6000 sp2 node (AIX 4.3.3 with AIX¢ç
> Toolbox for Linux¢ç Applications).
>
> But, have no clue to build.
>
> Cause, I've naver compiled GNU tools in AIX.
>
> Can somebody help me, or guide me?
>
> The only reference that I have is IBM's guide(http://www-
> 1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/).

If you are going to build LFS on a RS/6000,
your best bet is to install debian on the sucker.
Then just go straight through the LFS book, replacing
grub with well, that depends on which RS/6000
you have, it could be no bootloader, or it could
be yaboot, or it may even be quik.
The site you link to is useless for creating a LFS,
also creating a LFS on AIX without prior knowledge
is near impossible, since you won't be able to
follow very much of chapter 6 at all.