personality schmersonality ( WAS Re: util-linux-2.12 troubles )

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Jan 8 03:02:44 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 05:07:11PM -0600, Shelton wrote:
> so i found out where i went wrong, and for those that are
> interested, dig it....
> Comparing my command history w/ THE BOOK I found that I
> had forgotten one wee little command during the 1st pass
> install of gcc-3.3.1
>
> ln -sf gcc /tools/bin/cc

Interesting. Someone once suggested that the sanity check at the glibc
lockin stage should be changed from:

gcc dummy.c

cc dummy.c

so that folks who forget the symlink will get caught earlier. After your
experience I'd say it's probably not a bad idea. I think I'll stick this in
the book. Cross posted to -dev so folks know what's going on.