personality schmersonality ( WAS Re: util-linux-2.12 troubles )

Shelton shelton at onr.com
Mon Jan 5 15:07:11 PST 2004

so i found out where i went wrong, and for those that are
interested, dig it....
Comparing my command history w/ THE BOOK I found that I
had forgotten one wee little command during the 1st pass
install of gcc-3.3.1

ln -sf gcc /tools/bin/cc

So I decided that because it was such an early step that
I biffed, I may as well start over, from scratch, as the
saying goes. Good thing too. Along the way I had a small
problem where I had to feed the patch configure script my
host type. This did not happen the second time around.

So now everything is going picture perfect according to
the book. The Moral? PAY ATTENTION!

--
~rick