first install

cfk cfk_alter_ego at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 4 12:20:54 PST 2004

This is just a double check. I just received the book with CD and am going
through the installation carefully (I hope).

I have noticed a few things that give me a little pause. The first is that
in the findutils installation, the three files bigram, code and frcode end
up in /mnt/lfs/static/libexec and not in /mnt/lfs/static/bin. Should I be
concerned??

The next, is that in the next step for gawk-3.1.1 that the two executables
grcat and pwcat are not created. Now I did not apply the patch for gawk, as
the instructions say nothing about this patch. The question is again,
"Should I be concerned?"

Charles