...no more ptys message in part 3

Matthias Güntert MatzeGuentert at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 06:56:55 PST 2004

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Ken Moffat wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Matthias Güntert wrote:
>>

>>>Hello group
>>>
>>>while executing 'expect -c "spawn ls"' i am getting the following message:
>>>
>>>root:/# expect -c "spawn ls"
>>>spawn ls
>>>The system has no more ptys.  Ask your system administrator to create more.
>>>     while executing
>>>"spawn ls"
>>>

>  Sorry, you're still in chapter 5, aren't you. -ENOT_ENOUGH_CAFFEINE.
> Disregard my first reply.  Doesn't the book's advice about this suit
> you ?
>
> Ken

No, your assumption was correct, i am in chapter 6. Thx for your support
, but i have just solved the problem. I am not sure, but could it be,
that a small error within my /etc/group could have caused this?
the tty line in my group file looked like this: ttx:x:4: After
correcting this and restarting "MAKEDEV -v generic-nopty" expect -c
"spwan ls" outputs the expected result... strange ...

Greets

Matthias