...no more ptys message in part 3

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Jan 3 05:10:39 PST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Matthias Güntert wrote:

> Hello group
>
> while executing 'expect -c "spawn ls"' i am getting the following message:
>
> root:/# expect -c "spawn ls"
> spawn ls
> The system has no more ptys.  Ask your system administrator to create more.
>      while executing
> "spawn ls"
>
> mount shows me:
> root:/# mount
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)

 I'm just at the end of a test build of ch6, and `mount' from within
chroot shows a _very_ confusing picture (partly down to a variation to
support my scripts).  This makes me wonder what mount will show from a
terminal outside chroot?  You should get something like

/dev/something on /mnt/lfs type ext3 (rw)
proc on /mnt/lfs/proc type proc (rw)
devpts on /mnt/lfs/dev/pts type devpts (rw)

 Apologies if you've correctly grokked the output of mount from within
chroot ;)

Ken
--
Kryten: This is a job for Riviera Kid!