Minimum processor requirements

Daryl Lee dlee at altaregos.com
Sun Feb 29 15:49:27 PST 2004

I have been trying to get 5.1pre1 built on my five year old HP 6535,
which sports a spiffy little 466MHz Celeron processor, and an 8GB drive,
probably of the 7200 rpm variety.  I had a timeout failure building
glibc, which I cured by changing the TIMEOUT value in test-lfs.c.  Now
I'm getting a timeout failure in the gcc-torture tests of gcc-3.3.2,
which I think I will choose to ignore.  My question is, what is the
minimum performance required by the timeouts programmed into the files?
Anyone else using an archaic machine like mine successfully?

--
Daryl Lee
Open the present--it's a gift.