binutils in chapter 6

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 29 14:34:55 PST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Kesipyc wrote:

> During instalation of binutils in chapter 6:
>
> ----------
> after "make check" I've got:
> /bin/sh: line 1: ./test-demangle: No such file or directory

Probably, test-demangle is a script ?  If so, what is it trying to run
(the old problem of things linked against something other than
/tools/lib/).  If test-demangle really isn't there, look through the
Makefiles to try to find where it should have been built.

> If I skip testing after "make tooldir=/usr install" I've got
> /bin/sh: line 1: ./chew: No such file or directory

Maybe the configure wasn't happy, this sounds like the sort of thing
that is intended to fail, like 'choke me' in autoconf scripts.

> ---------
> After 3 days I still have no clue what's wrong. I've tried from the
> beginning to stop here again. I'm building new cvs version and
> building system is LFS 5.0.
>
> Please HELP

 Another possibility is that something has been broken in CVS.  If so,
you'll get bonus points for identifying it.  At the moment, most of us
doing testing seem to be concentrating on getting towards 5.1, and CVS
is heading away from us.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league