Gcc-3.3.2 build fails

Daryl Lee dlee at altaregos.com
Sat Feb 28 06:27:12 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 12:36:50PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Daryl Lee wrote:
>

>  Are you logging out and perhaps powering down between the parts of your
> build, or are you logged in all the time ?  I'm thinking maybe you
> missed (re)entering chroot for one of the steps.

Boy, I love this list--smart people.  As a matter of fact, even BEFORE
reading your message, I started over on Ch. 6, reading carefully,
checking the results of every step, and I noticed a line I had not
noticed before.  Yes, I do chroot every time I log back in, but I had
not noticed the injunction to remount /proc and /dev.  I now have a
little "domounts" script for that.  I also have a "doroot" script in my
normal root user directory to simplify the chroot command; I'll add a
little reminder to "domount."

And, finally, I had been holding on to my source trees, but running df
on my little 8 GB disk was very revealing.

However, having done all that, the problem persists.  I shall continue
walking through Ch. 6 line by line.

Thanks again.

>  If that doesn't sound likely, and your headers are in the correct
> place, all I can suggest is that you re-read each part of chapter 6,
> looking for things that you might have misinterpreted.  I guess you
> don't have logs for the builds, but if you do it's time to read the
> detail (particularly the configure and install parts).
>
> Ken
> --
> Brighton tops UK Jedi league
>
> --