Gcc-3.3.2 build fails

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Feb 28 04:36:50 PST 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Daryl Lee wrote:

> Oh, gag me.  I apologize--it WAS a typo.  This is 5.1pre1.  My abject
> apologies.

LOL.  I often confuse myself about which version I'm building.
Actually, I should have spotted gcc-3.3.2.  For me 5.1-pre covers a
multitude of different versions of gcc and glibc.  Hopefully we'll get
something that's good for more than just x86.

 Did you pick up my comment about comparing the results of `ls -l'
inside chroot with the results outside, just to make sure that glibc did
get installed into chroot ?

 Are you logging out and perhaps powering down between the parts of your
build, or are you logged in all the time ?  I'm thinking maybe you
missed (re)entering chroot for one of the steps.

 If that doesn't sound likely, and your headers are in the correct
place, all I can suggest is that you re-read each part of chapter 6,
looking for things that you might have misinterpreted.  I guess you
don't have logs for the builds, but if you do it's time to read the
detail (particularly the configure and install parts).

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league