LFS 5.1 pre1: linux header files and glibc

Cynthia Higginbotham cyhiggin at republicofnewhome.org
Fri Feb 27 22:08:36 PST 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 10:50 pm, rdought at pacifier.com wrote:
> I am working on building my first LFS system and was following LFS 5.1
> pre1.  I ran into a couple of problems.
>
> 1) when installing the linux headers, it specifies:
>
> There are a few kernel header files which make use of the autoconf.h header
> file. Since we do not yet configure the kernel, we need to create this file
> ourselves in order to avoid compilation failures. Create an empty
> autoconf.h file:
>
> touch /tools/include/linux/autoconf.h
>
> Well, the linux subdirectory didn't exist, so I created it and the empty
> header file and moved on....

Hmm... sounds like you skipped the previous steps on that same page
(chapter05/kernel-headers.html),  which involved creating a proper
linux/version.h and moving the appropriate kernel headers
to /tools/include.... (Following those steps as written would have
created /tools/include/linux before you got to the autoconf.h bit).
Try checking that.