More Problems ... SIOCADDRT

Cynthia Higginbotham cyhiggin at republicofnewhome.org
Fri Feb 27 22:00:57 PST 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 08:15 pm, K. Mike Bradley wrote:
> Typically, your ethernet card uses a module, and you haven't put an alias
> into /etc/modules.conf.

Well, I use a Linksys 10/100 Etherfast or whatever, which is a Tulip-based
card, and uses the tulip.o module. I do not have a second Ethernet card. So,
in my modules.conf, I have the following lines:

alias eth0 tulip
alias eth1 off

This identifies the eth0 device with the tulip.o module, which I compiled with
the kernel.