glibc-2.3.2 issue in chapter 5

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Fri Feb 27 09:20:05 PST 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, jmaclaughlin at earthlink.net wrote:

> Your Sat Jan 24 post to Chris J. Nally concerning this problem may well have been helpful at that time but the link is presently broken.  I will continue to search the archives but if you know of a presently valid link to the info, please either email it to me or, better, post it to the list.

I just used two different browsers to the link originally posted

  <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html#no-linuxthreads>

and both took me to the FAQ. Then I scrolled to "Package-specific
errors" and selected 'Glibc: "... it is normal to compile GNU libc with
the `linuxthreads' add-on...'

HTH.

P.S. Can you get your MUA to wrap lines at 72? Makes for terrible
reading the way it is now. Thx.

> Many thanks,
> John

Bill Maltby