glibc - make (chap 5) error 127

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri Feb 20 07:54:12 PST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Atkins, Brian wrote:

> When I started over last night, I went in and removed everything I had under
> the /mnt/lfs filesystem except the main directories I created (source,
> tools, glibc-build, gcc-build, and binutils-build).  I didn't verify the
> symbolic link for /mnt/lfs/tools to /tools, but I ASSUMED that since I
> didn't delete tools that it would be there.

 My guess is that /tools is broken.  Try `ls -l /' to confirm it's ok.
Also, recheck that user lfs still owns the appropriate directories.

 I'm unclear what else you had that could be cleared away, and I'll give
you the standard reminder to *always* do a fresh untar of the source and
always use a fresh build directory for packages that need one.

> Sorry if I sound like I'm writing just to write, but it helps me think
> through problems and *hopefully* my experiences may help someone else later
> down the line.

 I do the same.  Sometimes I can see enough when I write to retry
without sending the mail, other times the enlightenment comes later.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league