LFS 5.0, coreutils install : "/bin/[" ?

Jason Lenoble lenoble at ipno.in2p3.fr
Fri Feb 20 04:58:25 PST 2004

	In chapter 6 of the LFS 5.0 manual, at the end of the section
dealing with the installation of coreutils, it is requested to make a
link by typing "ln -s test /bin/[". I know about the common syntax of "ln"
and have read the LFS FAQ concerning it, but still, writing "/bin/["
puzzles me, even more as the bash shell doesn't complain at all. Thus my
question: what is actually this command doing, since the "test" executable
was already copied previously to the /bin directory ?
	Thanks