glibc-2.3.2 - make failed - chap6

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Feb 19 15:01:37 PST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Pvl wrote:

> The error looks like:
>
> /dev/null linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/Subdirs sysdeps/unix/inet/Subdirs
> sysdeps/unix/Subdirs > /sources/glibc-build/sysd-dirs-tmp
> /bin/sh: line 1: /tools/bin/gawk: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/sysd_dirs] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources/glib-2.3.2'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> If I ls /tools/bin/gawk, I'm sure it's there. But I exec
> /tools/bin/gawk, it return  No such file or directory

 First, please read the FAQ (the reference is added to the bottom of all
mails on this list!).  Looks as if /tools/bin/gawk is linked against a
library it can't access anymore.  Try `ldd' on it from outside chroot, I
imagine it's linked against libc on your host system.  If you adjusted
the toolchain correctly in chapter 5, this sort of thing shouldn't
happen.  If you didn't, basically everything you built in chapter 5
would be unusable, which doesn't seem to be the case (e.g.
/tools/bin/bash seems to work).  Maybe you've done something unusual,
like interrupted your build, or recovered from backups ?

 The `no such file' used to be such a common error, but this sounds
different.  I can't tell what command was failing (you've chopped
too much off) but if the output from ldd is ok (i.e. linked agains
/tools/lib/ libraries), do you have /dev/null set up correctly in chroot
(compare it to the version outside using ls -l) ?

 If neither of these fits, please repost with a few more lines so we can
see what the command was that failed.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league